Friday, February 27, 2009

Little things

I just love little houses! So I've made the little houses on the shelf for the girls bedroom in my dollhouse. They're a little bit like the real ones I made for Liberty's room that I showed in my first ever post here
I also made the bed and the wall shelf a while ago. The bookcase was a cabinet with doors that didn't open, I got it at the $2 shop and modified it. As you can see the flooring still hasn't been finished.

I've also been making little notice boards. At the moment this one is in my little laundry.
The pink one I made for the roombox I gave my neice for Christmas. She changes that little room around every day and even bought herself a 'grand piano' at the $2 shop! You can see the whole roombox in an earlier post here
Here's a quilt picture I made the other night. I wasn't going to make anything that evening but was looking at this website.
The things they make are sooooooo cute. This little picture turned out better than I expected. I don't have enough patience to wait for glue or paint to dry, I had it all finished and hanging on the wall within an hour. And yes I was worried that I would get paint on the wall, but I didn't! I bought the little cupboard off a lady at the dollhouse club. I think I'm going to have to fill it with quilts.
I hope you're all having a creative day!
Mercedes

11 comments:

  1. Hi! It's very nice to meet you! I love tiny houses, too...and I love your tiny houses!! Funny, I've been working on 2 little birdhouses the past couple of days...and I'm so over them...but now that I see yours, I'm inspired to make more. I like how you have the number on that one!! Oh, and don't be afraid of the polymer clay. I'm just starting out with the easy miniature food here....believe me, You can make strawberries And Tarts! If you need any help with it, I'd be glad to help!!!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and I forgot to tell you...I love your little bulletin boards...They so fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, we don't have a shop where you can buy ready made mini stuff easily. So I really like watching what you have come up with and see if I too can learn to make them. I have a S$1.99 shop here too and will go this weekend to see if they sell little cabinets :). Thank you for the idea, Merc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi San,
    THe $2 shop have had quite a range of mini furniture but it's getting harder to find here now. If I need to pull them apart I put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften the glue and then use a craft knife to cut out the doors and things. One has to be very resourceful living at the bottom of the world!
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Merc, I should have read your comment earlier! Cos I just went to Little India and bought a series of Indian dolls (like my dancing ones). When I was prying one of the clay dolls away from its base, I pulled to hard, glue was stubborn and I broke its base. Should hv microwaved it a bit.Thanks for the very useful tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mercedes you've been busy. Really like the little houses and the bulletin/notice boards are great..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little houses on the shelf and most of all I love your dining suite. I have to be brave and paint my own one as well. But I have to do it by myself, hubby is not so well disposed! I'm happy to be back! mini hugs Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I am just grinning ear to ear!!! This is all just the sweetest most happiest stuff ever!!!!

    XOXOOXOXOX Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mercedes I've passed you over an award, pop up at my room and pick it up. Your work is always fab. Mini hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute stuff! I love the little room you made your niece. It's great to make things yourself or modify other stuff with such great results! Stopped by via Katie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the washing machine.
    Did you make it yourself?
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!